Working Papers and Work in Progress (abstracts)
- “Nominal Shocks and Real Exchange Rates: Evidence from Two Centuries,” with Pao-Lin Tien
- “Current Account Reversals and Structural Change in Developing and Industrialized Countries,” with David R. Hineline, Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, forthcoming.
- “Monetary Rules and Sectoral Unemployment in Open Economies,” Journal of Macroeconomics, forthcoming.
- “As the Current Account Turns: Disaggregating the Effects of Current Account Reversals in Industrial Countries,” with David R. Hineline, The World Economy 36:12 (December 2013), 1516-1541.
- “Specific Factors and International Monetary Policy Coordination,” Open Economies Review 23:2 (April 2012), 319-336.
- “Temporal Aggregation and Purchasing Power Parity Persistence,” with Yamin Ahmad, Journal of International Money and Finance 30:5 (September 2011), 817-830.
- “Interest Differentials and Extreme Support for Uncovered Interest Rate Parity,” with George K. Davis and Norman C. Miller, International Review of Economics and Finance 19:4 (October 2010), 723-732.
- “Across Time and Regimes: 212 Years of the US-UK Real Exchange Rate,” Economic Inquiry 48:4 (October 2010), 951-964.
- “The Causes of and Gains from Intertemporal Trade,” with Norman C. Miller, Journal of Economic Education 41:3 (Summer 2010), 275-291.
- “Real Rigidities and Real Exchange Rate Volatility,” Journal of International Money and Finance 28:1 (February 2009), 135-147.
- “A Monthly Dollar-Sterling Exchange, 1791-1879,” May 2007 (pdf) Data available in spreadsheet format through the Center for Financial Stability (under “Monthly Market Rates”)
- Review of Expectations, Employment and Prices and How The Economy Works: Confidence, Crashes and Self-Fulfilling Prophecies by Roger E.A. Farmer, Eastern Economic Journal 49:1 (Winter 2013), 140-142.
- “Timed Tax Hikes Key to U.S. Fiscal Stability,” Hartford Courant, June 24, 2012
- “The Wrong Budget Analogy,” Los Angeles Times, August 24, 2011
- “Keeping Size of Stimulus Package Larger is Better Course of Action,” Cincinnati Enquirer, February 1, 2009